My primary areas of research concentrate on corporate governance. I study actors involved in corporate governance such as directors, shareholders, and executives; I analyze the practices that characterize corporate governance like board appointments, executive compensation, and disclosure decisions.
- Gender parity in corporate leadership
- Spillover effects of corporate disclosures
- Financialization: its manifestations, implications and causes
- The spillover effects of MD&A disclosures for real investment: The role of industry competition, 2020, forthcoming, Journal of Accounting and Economics, with A Durnev
- Smoke and mirrors? Disclosures in the marijuana industry in Canada, 2020, forthcoming, Accounting Perspectives, with A Paduano, B Paduano, J Hadzurik, J Leggio, K Russo
- Understanding student motivations in the auditing/accounting programs: An exploratory research, 2017, Finance, Contrôle et Stratégie Vol 20 No 3, with A Deville and V Peres. Publisher version (which is open access).
- Implications of economic shocks for CEO performance evaluation, 2017, European Accounting Review Vol 26 No 4. Publisher version. Open access version.
- The challenge of sustaining organizational hybridity: The role of power and agency, 2015, Human Relations Vol 68 No 4, with M Brivot. Publisher version. Open access version.
- Discussion of “Are analysts’ cash flow forecasts naïve extensions of their own earnings forecasts?“, 2013, Contemporary Accounting Research Vol 30 No 2
- Say on Pay: A wolf in sheep’s clothing?, 2012, Academy of Management Perspectives Vol 26 No 2, with M Magnan. Publisher Version. Open Access version.
- Corporate investments: Learning from restatements, 2009, Journal of Accounting Research Vol 47 No 3, with A Durnev
- Uncoupling CEO cash pay from performance when bankruptcy approaches: The role of conflicting interests regarding CEO effort, 2018, revise-and-resubmit at the Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
- Do restatements aﬀect industry investment? The role of textual information in restatement press releases, 2018, revise-and-resubmit at the European Accounting Review, with A Durnev
- Does the tone of shareholder proposals affect voting support? An empirical study, 2019, with L Yao
- Identity tensions and identity work of women transitioning into corporate leadership in Canada, 2019, with S Audousset-Coulier
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Award, Government of Canada, $43,962, 2017 to 2021, as principal investigator, for “All on board? The politics of power in women’s transition to corporate leadership” , with Sophie Audousset-Coulier
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Award, Government of Canada, $109,836, 2008 to 2011, as principal investigator, with teaching stipend, for “The success of corporate restructurings: Does executive compensation matter?”, with Michel Magnan